Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Pocket Athens is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Marvel at the Acropolis raised spectacularly over Athens, follow in the footsteps of Socrates at the Agora, or step into the Temple of Olympian Zeus; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Athens and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket Athens:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Athens map (included in print version), plus over 21 colour neighbourhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
- Covers Acropolis, Ancient Agora, Temple of Olympian Zeus, Greek Parliament, Syntagma, Plaka, Keramikos, Gazi, Filopappou Hill, Thisio, Monastiraki, Psyrri, Exarhia, Kolonaki, Benaki Museum, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Pocket Athens a colorful, easy-to-use, and handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, provides on-the-go assistance for those seeking only the can't-miss experiences to maximize a quick trip experience.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out our Lonely Planet Greece guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet Discover Greece, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
$2.95 per order and free for orders over $39.
How long does delivery take?
Delivery normally takes about a week or less. We ship within 1-2 business days after receiving your order.
What items are returnable?
Within 30 days of receipt of your shipment
- In original condition
- In the original packaging
What items are non-refundable?
Free gifts or promotional items
Are there any charges for return?
There are no charges for return
Original shipping charges are non-refundable
You are responsible for return shipping charges
How do I return?
Visit Returns Center
Enter your order number and email address in the fields above and click Start a Return
Follow the screen instructions and select the items you want to return
You will get a confirmation email with shipping guidelines
How soon will I get my refund?
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item.
We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied original method of payment, within 10 business days.